[GEM-dev] problem with curve on osX

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Thu Mar 11 16:24:55 CET 2004

hello,

I've noticed a small problem on osX version of Gem.

the problem is related with curve object.
sometimes, curve objects are not drown properly.
they can be drown with a random width, and can sometimes disepear.

the problem is random, but it never happend the first time pd open a
gemwindow.

exemples :
open pd + attached tst-curve.
create gemwindow.

ok, everyting is fine.
close the patch.
open the patch again.

now, you should have some problem. (I've got problem with the 3
diferents computers on OSX (10.3) I tried).

I tried diferents gem version.

does anybody kown what to do?

I rebember that I have the same problem long time ago on  windows and
linux, but the problem is gone...

anyway, what's appening with "width" message to primitive.
most, but not every, primitives accept a "width" messages. this messages
is not really documented (not in the help file).
is it on purpose? does this messages will disapare on future gem release?

thanks

cyrille