[GEM-dev] FSAA 8 window without gemheads leads to currupted contents. (OSX)

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Sun Mar 21 02:12:33 CET 2004

Hey all,

Attached is an example patch of a bug I found with chris's current gem
compile (march 16th).

If you create a window with FSAA 8, with no gemheads in it, or with only
gemheads that are not processing the window does not seem to start
rendering, and apears currupted. Without FSAA 8 the window behaves as
normal.

Also with this same compile pix_yuv seems to be the only object that
passes texture properly. pix_grey and pix_rgba seem to only pass a still
image in a moving video source. See "pix_rgba_bug.pd" This is anoying
because I'm trying to use live video with a pix_mask but cannot since it
only seems to accept two RGBA streams, but I can't get video passing
through as RGBA! (or grey)

Last and certainly least...

Looks like the first pix_video object one creates grabs the 1394 device.
Any subsequent pix_video's get created, but can't grab the device so
they just sit there sending (green).

Until pix_video supports multiple devices (please please), or even
after, it would be useful if all pix_video objects send out the same
video no matter which particular instance is attached to the device.
This feature would be nice because one may have more than one pix_video
in a patch (in multiple chains) but may want to switch on the fly
between pix_movie and pix_video (by spigoting the gemchain)  Just
because there is more than one pix_video in a patch does not mean that
they are indeed sending video to the screen... Maybe the last pix_video
to be switch on (in a chain)  could grab the video..? rather than the
first one instanciated...

I could use dynamic patching to re-instanciate the "right" pix_video,
but that is really ugly... I'm thinking of pix_video as a catch~ for one
particular video stream sent through throw~ I think this only effects
pix_video since all other pix_ objects can have a local copy of a pix...

Thanks
Ben