[GEM-dev] YUV processing

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Wed Mar 24 00:02:40 CET 2004

On Mar 23, 2004, at 4:31 PM, B. Bogart wrote:

> So all that to say:
>
> are the yuv* objects deprecated?

yes.

>  should pix_mask take YUV and it not doing so is some CVS update issue
> on my end?

No, pix_mask does some unknown type of processing, which averages R G
and B and stuffs the result into the alpha.  That's not representative
of any known color-space and I can't imagine the output is all that
useful.  The note in the header file claims it does blue-screen, but
that's clearly not the case.  If you want to key two images together
then try pix_chroma_key which does actual keying.  Or perhaps
pix_compare which will pass the greater or lesser of luminance values
for both RGB and YUV.

>  Will pix_mask support YUV streams in the future??

I have no idea how it ever would.

cgc