[GEM-dev] Re: Gem/src/Base GemCache.cpp

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Mar 30 09:11:48 CEST 2004

Zitiere James Tittle II <tigital at mac.com>:

> On Mar 29, 2004, at 2:13 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>

> [camera]...also, wasn't there a problem with text3d?  In any event,

which problem ?
i know chris has mentioned [text] not to work after my pre-latest check-ins but
i tried on all three platforms and indeed they worked like anything.

> > .pd-files have all become binaries. some more documentation added (i
>
> ...I've got a few more of these to file later today, too...I thought
> .pd files were text?

that's the question.
of course, pd files *are* text-files.
but if two concurrent versions are merged the result will not be usable at all.
and it is not fun to go through a dis-merged pd-file by hand - so i consider
them rather binaries than text files (if they were more structured, like XML,
they would definitely be text)

mfg.ar.d