[GEM-dev] rc3 thoughts

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Thu Apr 8 04:58:22 CEST 2004

On Apr 7, 2004, at 12:40 PM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> and because of all the good vibes i have also fixed the
> [pix_rgba]/[pix_yuv]/[pix_grey] colourspace-conversions on macOS.
> so know everybody who wants to can convert between yuv and rgba and
> whatever (don't tell chris about it as he won't like it;-))

I've been working out ways to get these conversions faster and have
found someone who has a library of custom color-space code for PPC and
is willing to give them to me if he gets clearance (it was from failed
set top box device apparently).  Most of the libs, including QuickTime,
have some fairly slow routines that are surprisingly common.  There
should really be a nice, fast cross-platform lib that does these type
of utility functions, but I guess not.

cgc