[GEM-dev] open GL transformation matrix question

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Fri Jul 2 13:14:38 CEST 2004

hello,

that look exactly what I was looking for.
thanks

unfortunatly, GEMglGetFloatv is not implemented.
GEMglGetPointerv exist, but post something like :

glGetPointerv: not really implemented:: got data @ CDCDCDCD, what should
i do with it?

Well. I fell exactly like this : what should I do with it.
I had a look at the code, without success : there is too much
things I don't understand.
I made a GEMglGetFloatv coping the GEMglGetPointerv object.
now, the question is :
how do I set pname to GL_MODELVIEW_MATRIX?
how do I acces to the transformation matrix then?

does anybody else interested with a set of object like :

getTranstationXYZ -> 3 outlets corresponding of the X Y Z position of
the curent gem_state

getRotationXYZ -> same with rotation

getScaleXYZ -> ...

setTranslationXYZ -> set translationXYZ without changing curent
rotation/scale etc of the gemlist

I can see a lot of application of this objects.

If someone show me how to get the curent transformation matrix, I think
(hope) I'll be able to program them...

thanks a lot
Cyrille