[GEM-dev] Can't load GEM

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jul 30 19:11:52 CEST 2004

Jean Habib wrote:
> Hi everybody

hi again ;-)

> I'm at winXP n have PD working fine..
> but when i try to load GEM using the prompt in pd\bin, i get the error msg:
> pd/gem/Gem: can't load library
>
> I'm already edit the GEM_INSTALL changing the name of path....
>
> please, help me...

ok.
could you try to open a console ("cmd"), cd into the directory where the
Gem.dll lies (make sure you have the Gem.dll!) and start "pd -lib Gem" ?
does it work then or does it still refuse to load (because of unresolved
dependencies) ?
copy the Gem.dll by hand into the pd/extra folder; then it should load fine.

> I already try to get a help here but I was bad interpreted!!! maybe
> cause I can't speak english very well...

i remember the problem shifting from "winXP sucks" to "how to compile
Gem on linux"....

mfg.aasd.ads