[GEM-dev] problem to start gem

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Nov 8 11:21:59 CET 2004

bastien beliah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well, I finally open this GEM_INSTALL.bat but I still don't know what to do with it.
> I do have a line on top of the message which says: set PDPATH=C:\programme\pd. What should I do? Edit it into the Pd search path?

ok, here we go:
i suppose you have pd installed on your computer; if not install it, as
gem will not work without pd.
now remember where you have installed pd. if you don't know search for
pd.exe.
on my system pd.exe is in "C:\Programme\pd\bin\pd.exe" : therefore my
PDPATH is "C:\Programme\pd\" (just strip the last "bin\pd.exe")
if your pd.exe was "D:\puredata\bin\pd.exe", the PDPATH would be
"D:\puredata"

now edit the line "set PDPATH=C:\programme\pd"
to "set PDPATH=D:\puredata"
(or whatever matches your installation)

mfg.a.sdr