[GEM-dev] pf/pdp/3dp in Gem

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Nov 10 15:35:34 CET 2004

Tom Schouten wrote:
> hi gemmers,
>

 > so, who is motivated to help me out here by adding the
 > templates? i don't have time to learn the build and init process.

shouldn't be too much of a hazzle, so (i guess) i volunteer..

> * [gem.get <thing>] : forks off one gemstate object as pdp packet
> * [gem.set <thing>] : inserts one pdp object in gem state

 > the names are of
 > course open to discussion. anything sane and short.

i'd rather have "pdp" somewhere in the name, as [gem.set] and [gem.get]
could be anything (not necessarily related to pure data packets)

for me the most simple names i can think of right now are
[gem_pdp] : gem->pdp (or probably [gem_3dp] ?)
[pdp_gem] : pdp->gem

> the first 2 need to be written from scratch as gem objects,
> possibly just derived from GemBase.
>
> i suggest someone helps me with setting this up, by adding
> templates for the gem.get and gem.set objects in the source
> tree and add them to the build process.

so what exactly should these do (aka: what do you want me to make them do) ?

how would a patch look like ?

<snip>
[gemhead]

[gem.get]

[pdp_noise]

[gem.set]

[pix_texture]

[square]
</snip>

and the pdp packet would just hold (additionally) the data of the
gem_list (?)

and i guess, that [gem.get] should *not* output the gem_list anymore ?

sorry for being not into pdp-code ;-)

mfg.asd.r