[GEM-dev] Re: multiple_window: the questions begin!

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed Dec 1 19:18:06 CET 2004

Hey all,

I have two questions and one suggestion:

Q1: How far along are things for multiple windows? (time-wise)
Q2: Will multiple windows open the door to render to a texture as if it was just
another window? (I can think of many uses for this in relation to pixelTANGO)

Suggestion:

What if there is a gemwin outlet that deals with all input events, keyboard,
mouse etc.. The format could follow the HID format, which would mean that
abstractions made to work with HID would be fully compatible with Gem window
events... I think this would be very nice to share the same format to get the
data. I'm sure there are some ugly implications of saying this but I think it
would be nice to be able to use the same abstractions to parse/smooth and
genrally work with input data (tablet, mouse, keyboard etc..)

B.