[GEM-dev] curve3d acts very very odd with lots of control points OSX+Linux)

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Mon Jul 18 16:51:26 CEST 2005

Hey all,

In trying to build a 32x24 control point curve3d I realized a nasty bug.

Seems that if you use curve3d with more than 8x8 (linux) and 10x10 (OSX)
points you get into some trouble. In some cases it seems that the 8x9
grid on linux will simply never render a curve3d shape. If you have two
curve3d's in a patch and one of them is 8x9 or bigger it actually
interacts with the other 8x8 curve3d.

The attached patch shows the interaction bug. Changing both to 8x8 fixes
the problem. If your on OSX you'll need to change the curve3d size to
10x10 and 10x11 respectively.

Happens on my fresh gem CVS on linux and an older (6 months+) CVS on OSX.

Thanks!

b>