{Spam?} Re: [GEM-dev] pix_record

Thoralf Schulze thoralf_schulze at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 26 17:05:32 CEST 2005

Hi Chris,

got your point about the the production vs.
distribution codec issue. At the end of the day, it
should be possible to reencode the content of a
mov-container to mpeg4-within-avi, so this is not
really an issue.

> > I could give it a go with Dev-Cpp (uses the MinGW
> I would wait if you are not familiar with the
> Quicktime API.  The object
> features some non-standard ways of using the API
> which might cause problems on
> Windows (or even OSX as I haven't fully tested it).
This does sound like a lot of tweaking :-) I actually
succeeded to compile the quicktime-related stuff in
filmQT, -Wno-multichar seems to be a necessity. Sadly
enough, linking is another story - win has a limit
regarding the length of the command line, and GEM
breaks this with ease.
Anyways, I'll be more than happy to give it a try next
week.

with kind regards,
Thoralf.