[GEM-dev] vertex_array

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Fri Aug 19 14:53:50 CEST 2005

Hey all,

Thanks for taking a look at this. Let me know when the vertex_array
branch is ready for me to give it a wirl.

There seems to be no vertex_color object, is this not implimented yet or
am I missing something obvious. How do a change the alpha value of one
vertex? Also I find vertex_grid and vertex_matrix damn confusing. Which
one provides a definable grid (2d) of vertex's?

So working yesterday I have a solution to my problem by using
pix_coordinate to offset a texture over multiple objects to give the
illustion of one single object.

The pix_coordinate reference patch could use some finessing, as it took
me and my collaborator hours to figure out how to change the size and
offset the rectangular texture on a square. The secret is (in mode 1,
repeat 0):

Left Bottom Right Bottom Right Top Left Top

For the 8 arguments to pix_coordinate. So a 640x480 texture yeilds:

0 480 640 480 640 0 0 0

It would be nice if the help patch described the s,t pair thing in more
detail.

I'd like to work on it, but would be damn tempted to impliment it using
the PDDP template...