[GEM-dev] pix buffer improvements

Georg Holzmann grhPD at gmx.at
Thu Aug 25 10:22:47 CEST 2005

Hallo!

okay, this seems to become a long thread ...

> this should make the new version of [pix_buffer_read] considerably
> slower (esp. in "auto"-mode), since the old version only copied the
> meta-data. have you benchmarked this (i haven't)
no - did no benchmarking. but I changed it back now to copy2ImageStruct
and managed it with the flag m_haveImage so that it won't crash here -
please test it again with your patch ...

> speaking of auto: to allow reverse playback you really should test
> whether auto is ==0.0 (or approx. 0) instead of >=
okay, i understand ... changed

I also attached a new helpfile for [pix_buffer], with the open message.

LG
Georg