[GEM-dev] finding headers

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Sep 4 14:06:57 CEST 2005

Tim Blechmann wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i've got some problems compiling gem on gentoo ... mostly problems
> finding headers:
>
> libmpeg3.h is located in /usr/include/libmpeg3

export PKG_MPEG3_CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/libmpeg3"

most probably you'll have to edit the Base/configLinux.h after configure
to enable compilation with mpeg3-support.

> avifile.h in /usr/include/avifile-0.7

urge the packagers of avifile-0.7 to add pkg-config support for their
package.
Gem's configure tries "pkg-config --cflags avifile" to get the cflags
(if that fails it tries "avifile-config --cflags")

this is the way it works (correctly!) on my debian system.

btw, you could also ask the packagers of libmpeg3 to add pkg-config support.

> avformat.h in /usr/include/ffmpeg ... but it fails to compile:
> filmFFMPEG.cpp: In member function `virtual bool filmFFMPEG::open(char*, int)':
> /usr/include/ffmpeg/avformat.h:577: error: too few arguments to function `int av_seek_frame(AVFormatContext*, int, int64_t, int)'
> filmFFMPEG.cpp:145: error: at this point in file
> filmFFMPEG.cpp: In member function `virtual pixBlock* filmFFMPEG::getFrame()':
> /usr/include/ffmpeg/avformat.h:577: error: too few arguments to function `int av_seek_frame(AVFormatContext*, int, int64_t, int)'
> filmFFMPEG.cpp:214: error: at this point in file
> make: *** [filmFFMPEG.o] Error 1
>
> seems, that i'll stick to my old binary for now ...

yes, ffmpeg (still) keep changing the API for version 0.4.9.
i tried to catch this api-change (in this case: adding a field for
flags) by checking whether AVSEEK_FLAG_ANY exists; it seems like it does
not on your system.

it worked with version 0.4.9 and builds 4718, 4753, 4756 (which is
(was?) the latest in debian/sid)

in the meantime, upstream they have even decided to change the
numbering-scheme for the builds...

i don't know what to do about it at all.
(i still feel reluctant to include the ffmpeg-cvs-sources)

but you could always disable ffmpeg with "--without-ffmpeg"

mfg.asd.r