[GEM-dev] curve3d CPU usage

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Sat Nov 26 23:32:34 CET 2005

Hi Chris++,

I'm just recompiling the vertex branch on my machine.

I don't remember being able to control multiple vertex's from a single
control point the way curve3d does. Is this now possible and I just
missed an example?

The quality of the curve does not have to be amazing, just the simplest
spline will do. I'd be willing to pay a bounty for something that
perfectly fits my needs... (a curve3d clone using vertex arrays that is
much faster than curve3d but is able to do as many as say 80x60 control
points for a mesh 10 times the size?)

Johannes, my first try and compiling the vertex branch on debian leads
to this:

Missing xf86vmode.h

Which is supposedly provided by xlibs-static-dev according to the debian
package website, but that my own xlibs-static-dev does not provide.
(both on sarge/i386) my lib is version 6.8.2.dfsg.1-1, but the debian
website only mentions this package as providing that header, and it is
version 4.3.0.dfsg.1-14sarge1. (which sounds way too much like the xfree
version.)

Anytually anyone know how to do a dpkg -l "package" without the output
truncating the name and version columns?

Any ideas?

cvs update is taking forever...

Thanks all.

b.