[entry] broken on RC4/5 - WAS Re: [GEM-dev] Re: GEM shader usage

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Dec 3 19:28:18 CET 2005

I assume by not working, you mean that it doesn't output text.  But
everything else about it seems to work fine.

How did you compile [entry]?  The only difference that I can see
between externals/bbogart/entry/makefile and
externals/build/darwin/makefile is this:

externals/build/darwin/makefile:
   LDFLAGS = -bundle  -bundle_loader $(PDEXECUTABLE) -L/sw/lib

externals/bbogart/entry/makefile
   cc -bundle -undefined suppress -flat_namespace -o $*.pd_darwin $*.o

The compiled size is much different:

hans at sla:entry > ls -l entry.pd_darwin
- -rw-r--r--    1 hans     staff       14268 Dec  3 13:09 entry.pd_darwin
hans at sla:entry > ls -l
/Applications/Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC5.app/Contents/Resources/extra/
entry.pd_darwin
- -rwxr-xr-x    1 hans     admin       34960 Nov 27 00:09
/Applications/Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC5.app/Contents/Resources/extra/
entry.pd_darwin*

I tried the directly compiled version (i.e. the smaller one) and it
behaves the same, no text output).

What version of Tcl/Tk did you use for pixelTANGO?  I am compiling
against 8.4.9.

.hc