[GEM-dev] pix_snap2tex

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed Dec 7 16:37:08 CET 2005

hi erich,

On Dec 7, 2005, at 6:36 AM, Erich Berger wrote:

> hello,
>
> some changes in the code of pix_snap2tex prevent
> the possibility of using pix_coordinate to tile
> the texture onto a geos.
>
> i guess pix_snap2tex would need a mode, repeat message like
> pix_texture
> i hate to ask this but is there a possibility for a quick fix,?
>
> would i only need to uncomment the following lines or is there more:
>   // glTexParameterf(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_REPEAT);
>   // glTexParameterf(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_REPEAT);

...yeh, looks like this was done to allow it to work better with the
TEXTURE_RECTANGLE extension (GL_REPEAT is a no-no for that)...so,
you're right that we should include a mode message like pix_texture
to switch between REPEAT, CLAMP, and CLAMP_TO_EDGE:  I'll get that in
this morning!  Plus, I'm adding an outlet for texture info, too...

l8r,
jamie