[GEM-dev] constInfo.context?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Sat Dec 10 21:41:45 CET 2005

...in GemMan, there's a "constInfo.context" that I'm having a hard
time figuring out where it's actually assigned a value:  any ideas?
This came about because I finally got around to putting some code
into GemMan::initGem that creates a non-window-associated gl context
("masterContext") which can be used to the create "shared Contexts"
later on, associated with a window...this has two purposes:

1.  it allows me to remove all the stupid "HaveValidContext()" calls
that are sprinkled thruout the code in #ifdef __APPLE__'s:  the cool
thing here is that osx users will now be able to loadbang gl calls
that'll actually mean something (like loading models, images,
programs, ...):  apple's gl is very strict about context association,
and would crash before...

2.  it allows me to fix the multiple_windows problem of not actually
sharing some gl items, like textures, programs, framebuffers,
etc...I'm now trying to update that branch so that I can release
another test, and of course to extend work on it...

...so I'm wondering if GLX/WGL needs a "masterContext" to share
resources with?

more l8r,
james