[GEM-dev] Re: multiple_window: the questions begin!

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Fri Dec 16 22:18:06 CET 2005

...guess I'm trying to finish up old threads for the year ;-)

On Feb 18, 2005, at 7:18 AM, slimboyfatboyslim wrote:

> After I've got the latest Gem.pd_darwin and working with multiple
> windows, it works perfectly but I've found that I can't play movie
> with pix_film and I can't create pix_movie, I've got the latest
> version complied on 31, Jan.

...hard to believe it's been sooo long since I worked on this, but it
has been a busy/distracting year!  Anyway, just wanted to drop a note
that movies/films are now working:  it was a really stupid overlook/
mistake in separating the gemman code into gemcontrol & gemwindow
(quicktime wasn't getting initialized!) 8^P  I wonder/assume that
pix_movie/pix_film were working fine beforehand in the linux
multiple_window, IOhannes?

...no release atm, because I'm still trying to port current cvs head
fixes n'changes back to the multiple_window branch, but as soon as
that's done, then we can do some more group testing...

l8r,
jamie