[GEM-dev] Gemwiki updates

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Sun Dec 18 17:25:51 CET 2005

Hi Jamie,

What methods does the gemcontrol object accept, and the gemwindow?

I'm having trouble understanding where gemwin functionality is split
between the objects?

create,destroy,0,1,color,dimen,offset,border,view are all in gemwindow
and can be controled from each gemwindow seperatly? Is the framerate the
only method the gemcontrol object has?

Also I think a combination of render priorities work best for rendering
to both pbuffers and windows:

[gemhead 1 mywindow]

[gemhead 2 mywindow]

[gemhead 1 mybuffer]

[gemhead 2 mybuffer]

I find the idea of using only render priority ranges to specify which
offscreen buffer that gem-head gets rendered to quite awkward.

Since its a new argument to [gemhead] then it should not break any
patches, and no argument would simply default to the first gemwindow.

What do you think?

b.