[GEM-dev] GLEW and pix_texture

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Tue Jan 24 22:17:14 CET 2006

On 1/24/06, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> hmm, on my system (w2k, geforceFX5600, don't know which drivers), GLEW
> (or rather glewinfo) reports:
> GL_APPLE_texture_range           MISSING

> which seems pretty much ok to me.
> and then: w32-drivers for my gfx-card might well support apple-specific
> extensions (although it is unlikely; i am just saying it is possible)
>
> if glew says "YES" to every extension under the sun, then it is broken
> and a bug-report should be made (although i doubt that a bit - are you
> sure you initialized glew correctly (i stumbled across this very problem
> myself))

According to the docs there is one call to init GLEW which I seem to
have done correctly.  The problem could be that the code is just
asking if the extension is defined, and not if it is supported.  I
think that needs to use a GLEW call to check for that.

> looking forward to see some glewified gem...

I've got the ARB_ shaders going now, but keep hitting the damned 2D vs
RECT problem when using the shaders I wrote for the Mac!  I think the
rectangle extension might work on windows using GLEW though.

I still need to figure out if YUV textures are a reality on the PC or not...

cgc