[GEM-dev] pix_buffer* & pix_write

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Feb 23 17:49:28 CET 2006

B. Bogart wrote:

> It seems awkward and a little strange that the only way to set the state
> of a buffer slot would be through *_write and *_read. maybe the image

well, [pixfiler] would make it very analog to [soundfiler].
however, i think it might be simpler to directly interface [pix_buffer]...

> I think my comments to Chris will clarify the pix_write comment, but

personally i would _love_ to change the behaviour of [pix_write], but i
don't dare to do so :-(

> Does the "open" message go to [pix_buffer] ?

yes. have a look at the CVS help-patch for [pix_buffer] - it should all
be there...

mfg.asd.r