[GEM-dev] Compiling Gem from terminal on OSX:

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed May 3 20:25:25 CEST 2006

Hi Chris and all,

So I went back through the emails after the show.

I found the __VEC__ part and took it out, then changed all the "bgradata"
to "rgbadata" which was over 20 matches in GemPixUtil.cpp. (I had to take
out another __VEC__ ifdef that was the mirror of the first commented out.
attached is my changed GemPixUtil.cpp and GemPixConvertAltivec.cpp (search
for bbogart)

Then I had to comment out both YUV422_to_YV12_altivec and
YV12_to_YUV422_altivec functions.

the compile gets a lot further but finally bails with:

 pix_filmYUV.cpp -o pix_filmYUV.o
In file included from pix_filmDarwinYUV.h:17,
                 from pix_filmDarwinYUV.cpp:17:
pix_filmYUV.h:150: error: syntax error before `*' token
make[1]: *** [pix_filmDarwinYUV.o] Error 1
In file included from pix_filmYUV.cpp:17:
pix_filmYUV.h:150: error: syntax error before `*' token
pix_filmYUV.cpp: In constructor `pix_filmYUV::pix_filmYUV(t_symbol*)':
pix_filmYUV.cpp:34: error: class `pix_filmYUV' does not have any field
named `
   m_oldImage'
pix_filmYUV.cpp: In member function `virtual void
   pix_filmYUV::render(GemState*)':
pix_filmYUV.cpp:167: error: `m_oldImage' undeclared (first use this function)
pix_filmYUV.cpp:167: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
   for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [pix_filmYUV.o] Error 1
make: *** [Pixes] Error 2

Thanks!

.b.

On 4/26/06, B. Bogart <ben at ekran.org> wrote:
> GemPixUtil.cpp:533: error: `bgradata' undeclared (first use this
function)
> GemPixUtil.cpp:533: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
>    for each function it appears in.)

Looks like a typo or bad copy+paste.  should be rgbadata.

GemPixUtil.cpp: In member function `void imageStruct::fromYV12(short int*,
>    short int*, short int*)':
> GemPixUtil.cpp:1126: error: `pixels' undeclared (first use this
function)

The Altivec function there looks out of place - another bad copy+paste?
Just comment out that #ifded __VEC__ and continue.