[GEM-dev] Gem pix_video on Fedora Core 5

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Mon May 29 03:12:36 CEST 2006

howdy,

Thank you for the help Cyrille Henry, but unfortunately I still cannot
see output from my dv1394 device under FC5/udev and Gem.

I tried both creating pix_video after the window is created (still
using 00.SimpleVideo) and commenting out thoes lines described below
and recompiling.

Commenting out thoes lines made it so I couldn't crash PD with Gem
anymore, but I still could see no video.

Creating the pix_video object after sending the gemwin the [create<
message also did not allw me to see the video.

Are there any other tricks I can try? Does nobody else here use Fedora
or Redhat? Is there a way to get more verbose or debug error messages
that may help you to help me, or help me to help myself?

Does IEEE1394 video work any better on Winblows? I have a super slow
machine from 2000 that I could try to run stuff on - though I am
hesitant because a 700Mhz machine probably can't do much... Plus
without a compiler for windows I have to use older binaries, right?

I can run dvgrab while Gem is running and capture video, but Gem can
still not see anything... poop.

As always, thanks for the help!
-thewade