[GEM-dev] compiler error with gcc 3.4

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Sep 14 18:58:34 CEST 2006

On Sep 14, 2006, at 11:08 AM, chris clepper wrote:

> On 9/14/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
> This means that SSE2 will be disabled on all auto-builds until
> there is a system-wide method of specifying target CPUs.  Perhaps
> there is another way around it.
>
> There are precisely two SSE functions in GEM - not a huge loss.
> You could also use a compiler that doesn't choke on the code.  Your
> choice.

Or it could be disabled by default, so that its easy to build and
there would be much less time wasted for everyone trying to build Gem.

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom