[GEM-dev] Re: ArToolkitPlus -> Pure Data - Gem

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Nov 14 11:38:31 CET 2006

patrick wrote:
> neat! thank you shigeyuki, thank you very much for sharing your work!
> also big up to IOhannes for putting pix_artoolkit in cvs of gem. it
> compile fine and can loadcpara:
>
> [pix_artoolkit]: ARToolKit support by Shigeyuki Hirai
> [pix_artoolkit]: loaded camera parameter file:(/me/camera_para.dat)
>
> the only thing is not working is loading a marker:
> error: [pix_artoolkit]: can't set marker number 0
>

> MAX_OBJECTS is define in pix_artoolkit.h to 16
>
> void pix_artoolkit :: loadmarkerMess(t_int n, t_symbol *marker_filename)
> {
>  if  (n > MAX_OBJECTS || n <= 0) {
>    error("can't set marker number %d", n);
>    return;
>  }
>  if ((m_object[n - 1].patt_id = ::arLoadPatt(marker_filename->s_name)) <
> 0) {
>    error("ARToolKit: pattern load error (%d) !!", m_object[n - 1].patt_id);
>    return;
>  }
>  post("loaded a marker file (%s) as %d...", marker_filename->s_name, n);
>  m_object[n].patt_name = marker_filename;
> }
>

> is there an error here?

no the error is in class_addmethod(): pd does not allow to have messages
of with arguments "<float> <symbol>" automatically typechecked (the
reverse "<symbol> <float>" works fine).
i have changed that to use A_GIMME but have forgotten to check it
in...should be fixed now.
it should appear in the anonymous CVS soon (in the meantime, just
download it from the webCVS interface)

> we are close!

we'll see...

mfg.asdr