minimum openGL version (waas Re: [GEM-dev] Gem patches to fix DV4L bugs and crashes)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Feb 20 11:09:49 CET 2007

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

>> This is however a brute force fix for buggy fglrx drivers. Would it be
>> perhaps possible to have a configure option, i.e. --force-gl-1.5 or
>
> yes it is a good idea.
> i will add something like this.

i have no added a "--with-glversion=X.Y" flag to configure, which allows
you to specify the maximum openGL-version you want (possibly lowering
the version found in the headers). running configure with
"--with-glversion=1.5" should produce an openGL-1.5 compatible binary.
since my drivers do support openGL-2.0, please test whether this works.

apart from that: i think Gem now supports all versions of openGL, down
to 1.0.
should we require a minimum version of openGL?
this might tidy up the code (esp. in pix_texture) a bit.
which version could this be?
is windows-openGL still 1.2 or was it 1.3?
which platforms might get unsupported if we require at least 1.2 (better
1.3)?

mfg.asdr