[GEM-dev] Fwd: another videoDV4L bug

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico.bukvic at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 22:41:00 CET 2007

Is this as efficient as swapRedBlue()? Also, IMHO this should be probably
better documented as the only way one would actually get to this conclusion
is by understanding the innards of YUV etc. format which (again IMHO) by
design Pd attempts to circumvent. In other words, rather than requiring
low-level knowledge of formats (in which case one might as well build a C++
app from scratch for their live needs rather than use Pd/Gem), my thoughts
are that Pd/Gem are designed to make this more transparent in order to
improve creative productivity. Hence, (yet once again IMHO) I still believe
that swapredblue or something similar as a message to pix_video would be the
preferred way of dealing with this...

Best wishes,

Ico