[GEM-dev] [pix_texture]: how to make 'mode 0' default?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Sep 21 06:01:16 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 19:54 -0500, chris clepper wrote:
> GL_EXT_texture_rectangle:    OK
> GLEW reports that your hardware supports rectangle textures (mode 1).
> It should work just fine and if it doesn't file a bug with whoever
> wrote your drivers.

well, i am not an expert, but when sending 'mode 1' to [pix_texture], i
get in the pd-console:

[pix_texture]: using mode 1:GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_ARB

and my glewinfo says:

GL_ARB_texture_rectangle:  MISSING

for me it looks like gem is trying a feature, that isn't supported by my
hardware. though, when compiling gem, 'configure --with-glversion=1.5'
says:

using ARB-extensions : yes

am i supposed to disable ARB-extensions actively?

anyway, i don't have to send 'mode 0' to each [pix_texture] anymore,
which i am very happy about. thank you again for solving this issue.

roman