[GEM-dev] Slow Lua [was: Re: Why is [hsv2rgb] implemented as an abstraction?]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Dec 12 10:58:14 CET 2007

Hallo,
Wesley Smith hat gesagt: // Wesley Smith wrote:

> > I've seen this while browsing the lua~ page. Unfortunatly the license
> > of the underlying synz lib you are using is not compatible with pdlua
> > in requiring written consent of the original author. synz may be
> > compatible with a non-GPL pdlua, but I'd prefer a real open source
> > library.
>
> Ah, I've asked the author to reconsider the license.  I'll get back to
> you on that.

That would be cool. As it is now, it's a real drawback: It effectively
prohibits distribution of synz because everyone I'd give it to would
be obliged to ask the author for written consent first. If the author
suddenly decides to not write permissions anymore or isn't able to do
so anymore, synz would be frozen and so would projects, that build on
it. I don't think, that's what the author is intending.

Ciao