[GEM-dev] adding exemple to gem

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Dec 30 19:23:10 CET 2007

On Dec 30, 2007, at 1:53 AM, zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:

> Quoting Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:
>

>> On Dec 26, 2007, at 8:20 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>>
>>> Hallo,

>>> Yes, of course.
>>
>> Claude's gem recursion would be great to have in Gem example, like
>> examples/30.recursion.  What do you guys think?
>

> the more the merrier.
> however, i would prefer if no examples within the Gem-tree would
> depend on any external other than Gem.
>

> e.g. you can replace [repeat 5] by [t a a a a a].
>

> for stuff that has additional dependencies i would suggest to create a
> separate meta-directory parallel to the Gem-tree.
> (e.g. for gem+lua; gem+chaos,...)

I find it quite depressing that we can't get agreement on a standard
way to distribute and use libraries (aka externals).  This really
cripples the Pd community. Then we have to do things like organize
examples around why libraries might be used rather than the concepts
involved.

----

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne