[GEM-dev] V4L2

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Wed Apr 2 14:30:02 CEST 2008

hello,

i've got some problem compiling it.

I install every dependency listed on the INSTALL.txt file.

then, i add in the makefile :

PD_SRC=/home/nusmuk/pd/pd/src
GEM_SRC=/home/nusmuk/pd/Gem/src
GEM_LIB=/home/nusmuk/pd/GemLibs
PLUGIN_INSTALL=/usr/lib/videoIO
PD_INSTALL=/usr/local/lib/pd/extra
PD_HELP=/usr/local/lib/pd/doc/5.reference/

GST_INCLUDE=/usr/include/gstreamer-0.10/
GLIB_INCLUDE1=/usr/include/glib-2.0/gobject/
GLIB_INCLUDE2=/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/
XML_INCLUDE=/usr/include/libxml2

i don't know if it's ok to do this.

./make does compile the 3 externals, but fail for the plugins :

Dans le fichier inclus à partir de plugins/FileReadGst.cpp:20:
plugins/FileReadGst.h:26:32: erreur: gst/app/gstappsink.h : Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
plugins/FileReadGst.h:27:34: erreur: gst/app/gstappbuffer.h : Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type

and then i've got lot's of error...

(it mean that some include from plugins/FileReadGst.cpp:20: can't be find (gst/app/gstappsink.h and gst/app/gstappbuffer.h).

i don't have the app folder in /usr/include/gstreamer-0.10/gst.
this is certainly because i don't have the gstreamer-plugins-bad headers.
i have gstreamer-plugins-bad, but i don't have any gstreamer-plugins-bad-dev package. where should i get it?

moreover, i don't understand GLIB_INCLUDE1 and GLIB_INCLUDE2.
should they be like :
GLIB_INCLUDE1=/usr/include/glib-2.0/gobject/
GLIB_INCLUDE2=/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/
?

for now, this objects crash when i open the helpfile because :
No VideoIO Plugin found! Be sure that they are in the right path (/usr/lib/videoIO) !
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
  what():  vector::_M_range_check
Pd: signal 6
pd_gui: pd process exited

i'm also on ubuntu 7.10

this "dazzle" device i'm using have 2 input : TV and analog input.

using mplayer i get the analog input with :
mplayer -tv  driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:input=1:width=640:height=480 tv://

while tv input is the same but with input=0

does pix_device_read can select the input 1?
(i can't see something like this in the help)

thanks
Cyrille