[GEM-dev] V4L2

Thomas Holzmann holzi1 at gmx.at
Wed Apr 2 21:27:19 CEST 2008

Georg Holzmann schrieb:
> Hallo cyrille!
>

>> in fact, this function is available in the 10.6 version of the header file.
>> ubuntu curently use 10.5
>> did you manually compile gstreamer 10.6?
>> mixing 10.6 header with 10.5 deb package look like a bad idea.
>>

> Hm ... yes I compiled it last summer and I was thinking that I
> deinstalled it, but it seems that the self compiled binary is still
> installed ...

With the current Ubuntu version it didn't work for me too. AFAIK the cvs
version was needed to get appsink/appsrc, they also didn't include it in
the last releases (I assume it was just too unstable for a stable
release). So it would be great if it's now included in a stable release!

>> ubuntu 8.04 does have gstreamer 10.6
>> maybee i should wait until i upgrade to 8.04.
>>

> OK, if ubuntu 8.04 includes it this would be much easier !

I've already installed Hardy, I will test it the next days.

Thomas