[GEM-dev] ftgl on osx

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 18:49:00 CEST 2008

I'm using the makefile that ships with gem.
I do
cd Gem/src
aclocal
autoconf
/configure --without-x --without-ImageMagick --without-tiff
--without-jpeg --without-mpeg --without-mpeg3 --without-ieee1394
--without-aviplay --without-avifile --without-ffmpeg
--with-ftgl-includes=/sw/include --with-ftgl-libs=/sw/lib
--with-pd=/Users/marius/devel/pd-rsync/pd-extended/pd
make

I think the makefile is not the problem, but the config process, because
I end up with a Make.config that has
GEM_LIBS = $(LIBS) -Wl,-framework,OpenGL -L/sw/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-lobjc -lfreetype -lftgl
but without
-Wl,-dylib_file,/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib
which would bout solve a problem that is caused by apple and not gem. so
I have to go into Make.config and edit this by hand (which I cannot do
when I try to run the autobuild scripts). what I would need is a fix
that writes a "correct" Make.config.

since this is all an apple problem I am also trying to upgrade xcode and
hope that apple fixed the problem in between.
marius.