[GEM-dev] ftgl on osx

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Apr 17 00:01:47 CEST 2008

On Apr 16, 2008, at 5:37 PM, marius schebella wrote:
> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> Marius,
>> Did you delete that libfreetype in /usr/local/lib?  Since I can
>> successfully auto-build Gem on two different 10.5/Leopard
>> machines, I am guessing it is something in your setup, especially
>> things like manually installed libs in /usr/local and other places.
>
> yep! I removed everything. the only thing that finally helped was
> to upgrade xcode to 3.1.
> now, I just had the same success as brandon, a freshly built pd-
> extended, including font support for gem.

Yeeee haw!   Yeah, Xcode 3.0 and its gcc definitely has bugs.  Xcode
3.1 (aka iPhone SDK) still has some, but it is better.  I still can't
build the gcc43 package which is needed by fftw3.  That build works
fine on 10.4/Xcode 2.5

----

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we
don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
Environmentalism", by Curtis White