[GEM-dev] what happens with GEM versions?

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Sat May 10 12:55:59 CEST 2008

> too bad.
> does it work with the directshow backend of [pix_film]? (just don't
> enforce the use of QuickTime for decoding...)

Yes it does.
So I guess that:
- I do have a codec to read those files through DirectX
- I don't have a codec to read those files through QuickTime
(does this make sense? Or I just have a codec that for some reason is
compatible with DirectX but not with QuickTime)
- Gem crashes (instead of issuing an error) if can't decode the video.

Note that Quick Time Player doesn't crash when I open those files, just
displays a blank white non-video (it doesn't give any error message which is
not a corret behaviour either)

Note that Gem does load the file and display information (size and duration)
but crashes when I create the gemwin.

Windows says these files are "PVMJPEG".
QuickTime says they are "Motion JPEG Open DML 720 by 240"