[GEM-dev] setting -mmacosx-version-min to 10.4

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Dec 16 10:31:08 CET 2009

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> if we can make it compile for 10.6 and that would mean that it won't
> build on/for 10.3 no more, then i guess that we should do this.
>
> as long as it doesn't buld on 10.6 and we only know that it won't work
> on 10.3, this does not sound very compelling to me.

so now we do know that it compiles on 10.6 if the mmacosx-version-min is
at least set to 10.4, this changes things a bit for me.

does it work out-of-the-box if we leave out the -mmacosx-version-min
alltogether?

if not, i guess we should still omit this flag, and instead use the
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET envvariable.

this way there is no need to do any quirks on the configure side.

fgmasdr