[GEM-dev] using logpost(3) for version message

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Sep 29 17:05:50 CEST 2011

On Sep 29, 2011, at 2:59 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> On 09/28/2011 03:05 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> Ah, I see.  Are there any runtime tests for the Pd version in Gem?
>
> how it that supposed to help?
>
>> I'm perfectly happy if you want to use verbose() instead of
>> logpost().
>> I didn't use it because I can't remember what level it posts at,
>> there
>> is something about +4.
>
> so you are saying that there is a loglevel between post() and
> verbose(0)? how come?

Because that's the way it is, and that the way that you insisted it be
against Miller and my objections.  You insisted that verbose() post
with a +4 on the log level.  Try it for yourself:

log level 2
     post("post mycobject: %f", f);

log level 3
     verbose(-1, "verbose -1 mycobject: %f", f);

log level 4
     verbose(0, "verbose 0 mycobject: %f", f);