[GEM-dev] videoV4L2 update

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 19:27:50 CET 2012

hi,

first, i would like to thank iohannes for his advices and the time he spent
to explain me how to contribute to Gem development :
git tuto, coding advices, and so and so...
I tried to follow all the things as close as possible and
I made some changes in videoV4L2 plugin to be able to choose a device with
its physical bus location.
I also added 3 properties : driver, card and bus_info
bus_info is the device's bus location and could be used as an argument to
[open( message
card is the name of the device (ie : Built in I-sight)
and driver is the used driver

i didn't want to put some backend specific code in pix_video.cpp so I only
work on videoV4L2.cpp
but to open a device with it's bus location, i'm assuming that all paths to
devices start with a slash '/'
it could be a limitation but i didn't find a better way...
i've updated the pix_video-help.pd patch with the add of a v4l2-specific
abstraction to explain what i've done

all the things are in the branch *videoV4L2* on my github repos :
git://github.com/avilleret/Gem.git

hope this help
and i hope i've done the things in the right way this time :-)
feedbacks are welcome

best

antoine
--