[GEM-dev] vertex operations / vertex_* (prev.. gem port to opengl-es - initial developments..)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Feb 6 16:49:28 CET 2012

One thing that shaders really don't cover is doing this stuff with boxes and lines.  That's why I was excited about the vertex objects.  I think that it would be possible to make the vertex objects the easy way into all this stuff, for people who are likely to never touch shaders.  I teach a lot of people who really try to avoid writing C/Java like code, they dislike even things like Processing and switch to Pd/Max because it fits there brain.

.hc

On Feb 6, 2012, at 9:33 AM, chris clepper wrote:

> Go ahead and remove it.  It was abandoned when it became clear the VBO option with shaders is the better solution.
>
> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 8:35 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called an idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of it.            - Thomas Jefferson