[GEM-dev] pb to compil pdgst on ubuntu 10.04

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Feb 7 10:57:46 CET 2012

On 02/07/12 10:47, Benjah @ 01xy.fr wrote:
> hello,
>
> ++thanks for your replies, i finally managed to compile pdgst
> In fact at the first trial, I missed the 2 makefile in src and src/gem
> directory and I stayed sticked on the makefile in the pdsg dir, which
> appeared blur to me so I tried the punk method to compile, copying pd
> source files in the src directory.

you should never ever do something like that!

> Then I discovered the 2 other
> makefile, deleted deleted pd source files but forgot to delete this
> "s_main.c" ...
>
> but now when I try the examples, a few problems :
>
>  > pdgst-test.pd
>   videotestsrc
> ... couldn't create
>   glimagesink
> ... couldn't create
> pdgst $Revision: 0.0 $
>      (copyleft) IOhannes m zmoelnig @ IEM / KUG
>      compiled on Feb  7 2012 at 01:51:23
>      compiled against Pd version 0.42.5.extended
>   audio/x-raw-float channels=10
> ... couldn't create
>
>  > pix2gst.pd
> pdgst
> ... couldn't create
>   typefind
> ... couldn't create
>   ffmpegcolorspace
> ... couldn't create
> error: GEM: Someone sent a bogus pointer to copy2Image
> /usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/Gem/pix_pix2gst.pd_linux:
> /usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/Gem/pix_pix2gst.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
> s_pdgst__gst
>   pix_pix2gst yuv 128 64
> ... couldn't create
>   aasink
> ... couldn't create
>
> I added before the object to /usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/Gem and the path
> to Pd
> did i missed an elephant ?

might be.
it seems like gstreamer isn't fully initialized, but in this case you
should get an error message when loading pdgst.

are you sure, your pdgst sources are as they should be?

and i assume, that gstreamer is properly installed, so you can run a
pipeline from the cmdline, like:
$ gst-launch videotestsrc ! aasink