[GEM-dev] [ pd-gem-Bugs-3487721 ] pix_image broken with some tiffs on Windows

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 15 14:07:25 CET 2012

Bugs item #3487721, was opened at 2012-02-14 18:25
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by sistisette
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=507079&aid=3487721&group_id=64325

not just the latest update.
Category: Pixes (pix_ objects)
Group: win32

Initial Comment:
Note this is not a dup of 3222807 - well may well be related but this is a different issue.

The attached tiff was created by converting from a png with imagemagick.
On windows, pix_image seems to show the first line of pixels stretched to the whole height of the image... just as if the image had only one line of pixels.

I can open the file in other programs in Windows, and the thumbnail looks fine in the file Explorer.
On Linux, pix_image reads the image just fine.

Date: 2012-02-15 05:07

Message:
it's 0.92.3 (the one included in Pd Extended 0.42.5)

Given your comments in the mailing list, this may be fixed in the current
version.

It will take me a while to be able to test on Windows again because my
Windows box has become unusable since the lats upgrade of VirtualBox and
the physical machine where I've observed the issue is not mine and I have
only sporadically access to it.

Comment By: IOhannes m zmölnig (zmoelnig)
Date: 2012-02-15 01:43

Message:
thanks for your report.
please provide full version of Gem, as well as a relevant printout of the
Pd-console when running the "-verbose -verbose"  (in your case, everything
related to image-loading, e.g. which plugins have been loaded,....)