[GEM-dev] pix_opencv not working with Gem from git

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Feb 16 20:20:01 CET 2012

On 02/16/12 17:51, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> hmm, i checked and i can indeed confirm the problem.
> i think this is the same bug i currently experience with pdgst, that
> crashes (that is the pdgst/Gem bindings) on my 64bit system, but not on
> a 32bit system (iirc).

ha, i think i found the culprit.
Gem is compiled with "-mms-bitfields" (which is important on w32 if you
want to use e.g. Gem compiled with MinGW on a Pd compiled with MSVC),
and pix_opencv is not (and neither is pdgst/Gem)

adding "-mms-bitfields" to the pix_opencv Makefile fixed the problem,
but the real fix will be to remove "-mms-bitfields" from Gem on non-w32.

fg
asdrm