[GEM-dev] blob orientation in pix_multiblob

Ricardo Fabbri rfabbri at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 19:36:45 CET 2012

Hi,

I have included the computation of principal axis orientation for each
blob returned by pix_multiblob. This is very useful for real-time
interactive applications, e.g., I wrote a webcam-based steering wheel
in Pd to control a video game with an arbitrary color object:

  http://vimeo.com/rfabbri/color-joystick

Do you think this could be included in the main Gem repository? The
computational overhead is very low, and the new object is still 100%
backwards-compatible,
since all that changes in terms of interface is that the output matrix
will have an additional column which can be perfectly ignored by
legacy code.

The code is in the multiblob_angle_new branch in the following repo:

  git://github.com/rfabbri/Gem.git

Looking forward to your feedback. If you think this should be
included, I will then go ahead and polish the documentation.

Best,
Ricardo Fabbri
--
Linux registered user #175401