[GEM-dev] USB 3.0 camera and Gem

Jack jack at rybn.org
Sun Apr 1 01:53:25 CEST 2012

Hello,

I would like to know if someone has ever tried a USB3.0 camera with Gem ?
It seems that there are USB cables 20 m long working with this camera :
it is a nice length for a performance on a stage.
For example, i found this one with nice features :
http://www.ximea.com/en/products-news/usb3-industrial-camera

On this web site, it is writen camera are compatible with these
libraries and frameworks :
Adaptive Vision Studio
AQSENSE SAL3D
Digital Optics VPP
Integrating Vision Toolkit
Keyetech
Matrox MIL
MVTec HALCON
NeuroCheck
OpenCV
STEMMER IMAGING Common Vision Blox
Tordivel Scorpion
Aforge.NET framework
Cognex VisionPro
EVT EyeVision
Intopii Pinta
libdmtx
Micro-Manager
National Instruments LabVIEW
Neurotechnology SentiSight
RoboRealm
SANXO Modular-X
Voyant Vision

Does this camera will work with Gem (out of the box) on Ubuntu 11.10 and
pd 0.43.2test1 ?
If not, thanx to tell me what i have to do.
++

Jack

PS : does anybody tried an other solution (like GigE or
USB<->Ethernet<->USB) with Gem when you need long distance between
camera and computer ? Is it very stable ?