[GEM-dev] USB 3.0 camera and Gem

Jack jack at rybn.org
Tue Apr 3 22:56:18 CEST 2012

Le 03/04/2012 20:03, Jack a écrit :
> Le 03/04/2012 11:46, Cyrille Henry a écrit :

>>> So it should work with the Ximea USB3 camera ? The halcon plug-in
>>> doesn't only manage GigE camera ?
>>
>> look at the halcon documentation.
>> you should find url in the halcon directory readme file.
> I read the readme file in .../Gem/plugins/videoHALCON and a little bit
> the documentation on the Halcon website.
> I hope The ximea USB3.0 will work fine with the Halcon Plug-in. But
> before buying the camera, i continue to search the web.
> ++
>
> Jack

>>> ++
>>>
>>> Jack

I just discover the Ximea USB3 camera (QM Series) :
http://www.ximea.com/en/products-news/usb3-industrial-camera
can use IVT (Integrating Vision Toolkit) for Linux :
http://ivt.sourceforge.net/index.html
(IVT is available under a modified BSD license (3-clause BSD), the last
release of IVT is the Mar 12 2012)

So it seems we can avoid Halcon library/software and use IVT with this
camera.
Then, my question : is it possible to make a IVT plugin for Gem ?
++

Jack