[GEM-dev] vlc plugin under OSX

m.e.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 16:15:12 CEST 2012

> i guess we have to fix that colorspace thing on OSX once and for all...

yeah that would be nice. the colorspace for each of the plugins to get
a normal image seem to all be different too. i cant locate the
colorspace for videoVLC at the moment because it would be too time
consuming for me to have to run:

install_name_tool -change @loader_path/lib/libvlc.5.dylib
/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libvlc.5.dylib
gem_videoVLC.so

after each time i compile if im just making adjustments to colors on
trial and error basis ... which is basicly what i did on imageMAGICK
and filmMERLIN.

as hans said though:
"useless without VLC itself.  I see no need to include libvlc in Gem
if videoVLC can use the libvlc included in the VLC.app."

and i wonder why NOT just include libvlc in Gem? hans suggestion seems
to make total sense. but at the same time just including libvlc doesnt
seem to be a big deal (or is it?) and then there would be no need to
make a special modification to Gem to accommodate videoVLC looking to
/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libvlc.5.dylib instead of
@loader_path/lib/libvlc.5.dylib...

i guess whatever is easier? or whatever is cleaner? now that im
thinking about it adding libvlc to gem seems to be the cleaner
solution but maybe im wrong... IDK.

m.e.grimm | m.f.a | ed.m.
megrimm at gmail.com