[GEM-dev] Help Needed w / Clang Errors Compiling Gem OSX 10.9

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jan 6 20:01:55 CET 2014

On 2014-01-05 21:38, me.grimm wrote:

> I understand what is happening but I do not know how to properly fix this.
> For example if in:
>
> src/Controls/gemlist_info.cpp ->
>
> gemlist_info :: gemlist_info  (t_floatarg arg0=0) {
>

> src/Controls/gemlist_info.h ->
>
> gemlist_info (t_floatarg);  // CON
>

> I am able to compile without error if I do:
>
> src/Controls/gemlist_info.cpp ->
>
> gemlist_info :: gemlist_info  (t_floatarg) {
>

> src/Controls/gemlist_info.h ->
> gemlist_info (t_floatarg arg0=0);  // CON

this is correct.
the original code is bogus.

however, since the default args were only ever declared in the class
definitions, they could not have been used anywhere...
this basically means, that it should be safe to simply remove all
erroneous default arguments.

src/Controls/gemlist_info.cpp ->
>  gemlist_info :: gemlist_info  (t_floatarg arg0) {

and leave the header alone:
src/Controls/gemlist_info.h ->
> gemlist_info (t_floatarg);  // CON

> BUT in a more complicated example where there might be (t_floatarg
> arg0=0, t_floatarg arg1=0, t_floatarg arg2=0)
>
> How do I fix?
>
> Basically more than half the src/opengl/*.cpp &*.h have this issue.

the same as above.

> Any fix should be compatible with GCC.

and with M$VC.

> I have cloned Gem from github repo and have created a new branch
> (osx_10.9_x64) to comit my efforts.

cool. just do a pull request once you are ready (and nobody else was
faster...)

fgmadsr