[GEM-dev] happy birthday!

me.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 13:44:03 CET 2016

there is also github for logging, discussing and closing issues that might
be helpful....

>> - what need to be done to compile on osX?

just compiled on 10.12 (sierra) when i got home. the github instructions
work with the exception that "--without-quicktime-framework" flag is needed
because all headers, etc were removed in the most recent Xcode, apparently
due to depreciation next year I assume.

the ofx people have a solution to download the 10.11 sdk and add it to
xcode to compile with Quicktime for 10.12 although again, Quicktime will be
completely removed in next OSX release... so do we bother with dealing with
Quicktime anymore at all or just put time and resource into finishing what
Dan started with the AVFoundation plugin?

so film, image and capture are broken on OSX AFAIK

another solution might be to go the gmerlin route but im not sure if
burkhard still maintains it, and if so if it is even worth the effort
IDK... but with this scenario Apple is left out of the equation so in the
future whatever they depreciate, etc will have less bearing on future
dev.... but maybe im wrong about this. also i do not think gmerlin does
capture.

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 6:47 AM, cyrille henry <ch at chnry.net> wrote:

> hello,
>
> maybe we can try starting on the mailing list, and if a specific question
> need to be discuss, we can join on IRC.
>
> So, the questions i've got are :
> - is a mandatory feature is missing?
> - is help files up to date with all new functionalities?
> - what need to be done to compile on osX?
> - what need to be done to compile on windows?
> - is there anything else?
>
> cheers
>

> Le 22/11/2016 à 09:44, IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
>
>> On 2016-11-21 13:21, Nicolas Montgermont via GEM-dev wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Did you had the opportunity to discuss this topic in pdcon?
>>>

>> unfortunately we did not.
>> (it was scheduled for sunday morning; but then program ran a bit late on
>> sunday (due to excessive drink consumption) and i had to catch my plane.
>>
>> so we just need to do that,
>> - either on this mailing list
>> OR
>> - on IRC